Yes. it is officially Fudge making, Cookie baking time. Just finished making 6 pounds of fudge.
12 dozen Chocolate chip cookies; soon to make Peanut Butter and White Chocolate Macadamia nut cookies.
a few others. My favorite is the
Egyptian Rose Cookies
1/3 C Shortening
1 C Sugar or alternative
1 Tbsp Rose Water
2 Flours or Flour alternative
1/2 tsp Salt
colored sugar or alternative for decoration
- Cream together shortening, sugar, eggs and rose water until light and fluffy.
- Sift together dry ingredients and stir until sugar mixture.
- Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Roll dough into walnut-sized balls. Place on greased cookie sheets about 2 inches apart and flatten slightly. Make four cuts from edge to near the center evenly around the cookie. Gently pinch each “petal”. Pinch and lift and center of the cookie.
- Sprinkle with colored sugar.
- Bake until 8 to 10 minutes or until lightly browned on the bottom.
What is your favorite?