Rich, and decadent— Great for Valentines day.. Low Carb and sugar Free too
they should be eaten right away or possibly store them in the fridge for about 3 days.
- Ingredients – Cupcakes
- 1 c unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¾ c Almond Flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- ⅔ c Sweetener of Choice
- ¼ c plain nonfat Greek yogurt ( get the Lowest Carbs)
- ½ c nonfat milk, Almond Milk, Coconut milk or???
- Ingredients for the frosting
- ⅔ c frozen unsweetened raspberries, thawed or Fresh
- 2 c plain nonfat Greek yogurt ( Or use your judgement and do Cream cheese and Heavy Cream)
- 2 servings sugar-free, fat-free vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 tbsp Sweetener of choice
- Fresh Raspberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and place foil cupcake liners in 12 muffin cups. Lightly coat the liners with nonstick cooking spray ( Foil keeps them moister).
- In a medium bowl, Mix the cocoa , Almond flour, baking powder, and salt. In a separate bowl, In another bowl Mix the Wet ingredients together the butter, eggs, and vanilla. Stir in the sweetener. Mix in the yogurt, stirring until no large lumps remain. Alternate between the wet and dry ingredients and stirring in each until just barely blended.
- Separate the batter between the prepared liners. Bake at 350° for about 20 minutes. Cool in the pan for 5 minutes before removing and cooling on a wire rack to cool completely.
- Frosting time ♥ . in a blender or food processor puree the Raspberries until they’re pureed. Add the puree to a small pot, and cook over medium-low heat, stirring constantly, until the puree has reduced by half. Cool completely.
- Add the yogurt, pudding mix, and Sweetener to a large bowl, and beat for 2 minutes, or until thickened. Mix in the raspberry puree. Chill for at least 2 hours before piping onto the cooled cupcakes.
- Garnish with fresh berry and sprinkle just a bit of like Truvia over.