I know the calendar says it is spring; but when you look outside be it in California or Utah, Idaho, New York etc. it looks more like winter from rain to snow. thought it would be a great day for some chowder.
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, cleaned and diced
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 2 Tbsp cup coconut flour
- 4 cups chicken or Vegetable broth
- 1 cup 2% milk or Coconut Milk
- 1 head cauliflower, roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 bay leaf
- Melt butter in a large stockpot or Dutch oven over medium heat or a pressure cooker. Add garlic, onion, celery and carrots. Cook, until tender, about 3-4 minutes. Add in cauliflower and bay leaf. Cook, until barely crisp-tender, about 3-4 minutes; stir occasionally.
- Whisk in Coconut flour until lightly browned, about 1 minute. Gradually whisk in chicken/vegetable broth and milk, and cook, whisking constantly, until slightly thickened, about 3-4 minutes.
- Bring to a boil; reduce the heat and simmer until cauliflower is tender, about 10-15 minutes; season to taste with salt and pepper. If the chowder is a bit too thick, add more milk as needed until desired consistency is reached.
- Serve immediately, garnished with parsley, if desired.