A blackberry-citrus dressing complements spicy arugula and crunchy broccoli sprouts in this fun, crowd-pleasing salad dotted with fresh papaya and almonds.
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons all-fruit blackberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces broccoli sprouts
- 6 cups arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup cubed papaya
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- In a small bowl, combine grapefruit juice, blackberry preserves, flaxseed oil, and olive oil. Whisk together until well blended and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli sprouts, arugula, papaya, and almonds; toss with just enough dressing to lightly coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Divide greens among four serving plates. Top with blackberries and serve.
PER SERVING: 190 cal, 58% fat cal, 13g fat, 1g sat fat, 0mg chol, 5g protein, 16g carb, 5g fiber, 11mg sodium