A blackberry-citrus dressing complements spicy arugula and crunchy broccoli sprouts in this fun, crowd-pleasing salad dotted with fresh papaya and almonds.
- 1/4 cup fresh grapefruit juice
- 2 tablespoons all-fruit blackberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed oil
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper (to taste)
- 4 ounces broccoli sprouts
- 6 cups arugula (about 3 ounces)
- 1 cup cubed papaya
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup blackberries (fresh or frozen and thawed)
- In a small bowl, combine grapefruit juice, blackberry preserves, flaxseed oil, and olive oil. Whisk together until well blended and slightly thickened. Season with salt and pepper, and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine broccoli sprouts, arugula, papaya, and almonds; toss with just enough dressing to lightly coat. Refrigerate remaining dressing.
- Divide greens among four serving plates. Top with blackberries and serve.
PER SERVING: 190 cal, 58% fat cal, 13g fat, 1g sat fat, 0mg chol, 5g protein, 16g carb, 5g fiber, 11mg sodium
One thought on “Broccoli Sprout and Arugula Salad with Blackberries, Papaya and Almonds (Vegan, Gluten Free)”
This looks so refreshing! I will have to try it.