(Vegetarian, Gluten Free)
- 1 medium sweet potato
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk (dairy or nondairy)
- 2 tablespoons butter or coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup buckwheat flour or Almond Flour to make it lower carb
- 1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1¼ cups blueberries
- Butter or oil for skillet
- Toppings: Greek yogurt, fruit, nut butter, maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 400°. Wash and dry sweet potato. Poke sweet potato all over with a paring knife; wrap in foil and bake for 45–60 minutes or until completely soft (or microwave sweet potato on high, unwrapped, for 8 to 10 minutes, turning once). Let cool completely then scoop out flesh to measure 1 cup. Reserve any remaining sweet potato flesh for another meal.
- Place sweet potato flesh into a large bowl and mash with a potato masher until very smooth. Mash in eggs, milk, butter or oil and vanilla until smooth.
- Fold in flour, flaxseed, baking powder and cinnamon, then fold in blueberries.
- Warm a nonstick skillet over medium heat. Grease skillet with butter or oil and spoon in about ¼ cup batter per pancake, smoothing each to about ½-inch thick. Cook for 2–3 minutes per side, flipping when edges start to brown. Repeat with remaining batter. Serve with desired toppings.