Who doesn’t like an easy way to make dinner. I think I can eat tacos everyday and be happy. and the fact that this recipe is so easy anyone can do it.
Life is about #delicious living
- 1 (16-ounce) jar LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (15-ounce) can corn kernels (rinsed and drained)
- 1 (4-ounce) can LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles
- 4 garlic cloves peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- FOR SERVING:
- LA VICTORIA™ Flour Tortillas – I would actually use a Low Carb Tortilla or possibly ice berg lettuce leaves
- Shredded cabbage or lettuce
- Sliced avocado
- Lime wedges
- Sour cream
- Shredded cheese
- In a slow cooker, combine LA VICTORIA® Mango Habanero Salsa, black beans, corn kernels, LA VICTORIA® Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles, garlic cloves, cumin, salt and pepper. Stir to combine. Add chicken breasts to slow cooker and toss with sauce. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or until chicken shreds easily with fork.
- Remove chicken breasts from slow cooker and shred meat using two forks. Using strainer or slotted spoon, drain sauce from slow cooker, reserving thick salsa, black bean and corn mixture. Discard liquid. Add strained cooking sauce to shredded chicken and toss to coat.
- Warm corn tortillas and set out toppings. Serve chicken, with sauce and let everyone assemble his or her own tacos.