- 1 cup Fresh Basil Leaves, Gently Packed (Plus Extra For Garnish)
- 2 Tbsp. Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 cups Water
- 1 Red Onion Peeled And Diced
- 1/4 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Plus Extra If Needed
- 1 Garlic Clove Peeled
- Salt To Taste
- 2 Tbsp. Toasted Pine Nuts
- 1 lb. Fresh Mozzarella Balls, Small
- 2 Tbsp. Kosher Salt Plus Extra, To Season
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
- 1 Container Cherry tomatoes Cut in half ( your choice of what kind )
- For Pesto: Bring the water to a boil in a medium saucepan. Add 2 tablespoons salt.
- Add the fresh basil and boil for 30–60 seconds.
- Drain in a wire mesh sieve and place under cold running water to cool. Press the leaves to remove any excess water.
- Place the basil in a food processor and add the pine nuts and garlic. Pulse until finely chopped.
- Season with the salt and a few grindings of pepper, to taste.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil and pulse to a fine paste.
- Transfer to a bowl and season with salt and pepper; to taste.
- Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to use.
- To Assemble. In a large bowl, toss tomatoes and diced onion with the olive oil and season with salt and pepper.
- Arrange mozzarella balls on a serving platter.
- Spoon tomato mixture over the mozzarella balls.
- Stir pesto, adding extra olive oil if the pesto is stiff.
- Drizzle pesto over the tomato mixture.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper and garnish with fresh basil leaves.
One thought on “Caprese Salad”
This looks delicious! I love fresh mozzarella and tomatoes. I need this in my life!
LikeLiked by 1 person