- 6-8 Tbsp. Ice Cold Water
- Zest Of One Lemon
- 1 1/2 sticks Unsalted Butter, Very Cold
- 12 oz. Berries, Rinsed And Dried
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Sweetener of choice
- 2 cup Almond Flour, Super-Fine
- Combine the almond flour and salt in a food processor. Pulse 10 times to mix the dry ingredients.
- Cut the cold butter into small cubes then add to the dry ingredients. Pulse another 10 times to incorporate the butter.
- Sprinkle only 4 tablespoons of water over the mixture, pulse a few times, then check the consistency of the dough. If still crumbly add another tablespoon of water at a time, mixing again until the dough starts to form a ball.
- Wrap the ball of dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate 30–45 minutes.
- Meanwhile make the filling. Check over the Berries and remove any small stems still attached. Gently toss the berries with one tablespoon of sweetener of choice and set aside until the dough has cooled.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F. Prepare a large baking sheet with parchment.
- Cut the dough into 6 equal pieces. Roll each piece into approximately a 6-inch circle then place on your baking sheet.
- Place about 2 ounces of blueberries on the center of each dough circle then carefully fold up about an inch of dough around the edges.
- Sprinkle the lemon zest over the galettes.
- Refrigerate the galettes for 15–20 minutes.
- Bake for 35–45 minutes or until the filling is bubbling and the pastry is lightly browned.
2 thoughts on “Gluten-Free/Low Carb Berry Galette”
Just wondering if I could make this without a food processor, and still have it turn out? It looks so delicious!
Yes, and thank you