Fresh Guacamole goes great on top of Tortilla Soup. It also makes a tasty and healthy dip for tortilla chips – I just saw Coconut Tortilla Chips yesterday that I need to try.
- 1 ripe Haas Avocado
- 1/2 large tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/4-1/2 medium green jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves, washed,
stemmed and chopped (about 1/4 bunch)
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
In a small bowl, mash the avocado with a fork. Gently stir in all the other ingredients. Taste and adjust the salt and lemon juice if necessary.