1.5 pounds boneless chicken breasts or thighs chopped in bite size pieces
1 cup Greek yogurt ( I always look for the lowest carbs)
1 Cup Red Onion
4 Garlic Cloves
1 inch of Fresh Ginger
1 Serrano Pepper
1/2 Cup Tomato Puree or 2 grated tomatoes
3 tbsp Canola Oil or Oil of choice
2 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp cumin powder
1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
1 tsp chile de arbol powder
1 tsp Garam Masala
1 tsp salt
1 cup water or 2/3 cups for a pressure cooker
1. in a food processor or a blender grind onion, garlic, ginger, green chili until you get a coarse paste.
2. Heat oil in a deep pan or a pressure cooker. Add onion mixture and cook stirring often until mixture is a medium brown 5 to 8 minutes.
3. Add all spices and saute for 30 seconds add tomato puree with salt until oil separates (5 to 8 minutes). Reduce heat to low. Add yogurt in small batches and stir quickly after each addition to mix in so that it does not curdle. Add Chicken and cook in Marsala (sauce) for 2 minutes.
4. Add 1 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until chicken is fully cooked ( 15 to 20 minutes) or if your using a pressure cooker add in 2/3 cup water cook for 10 minutes. If gravy is to thick, add a little more water. if gravy is to thin, boil mixture until it thickens up.
5. Garnish with chopped cilantro serve with Naan Bread or make your own Low Carb Naan bread.