- 1 ruby grapefruit or navel orange
- 2 tablespoons unrefined avocado oil
- 1 tablespoon blackberry or raspberry fruit spread or preserves
- ½ tablespoon minced shallot
- 1 large, ripe, firm avocado, peeled and diced small
- 1 cup (packed) baby arugula leaves, chopped
- ¼ cup toasted macadamia nuts (finely chopped)
- 2 large heads Belgian endive, leaves separated (about 16 leaves)
- Grate 1 teaspoon zest from grapefruit skin; set zest aside. Using a sharp knife, cut off peel and white pith from grapefruit. Holding over a bowl to catch juice, cut segments away from membranes and transfer them to a plate. Once all segments are removed, squeeze juice from membranes into bowl. Chop grapefruit segments into small chunks and set aside.
- In a blender, combine 1½ tablespoons grapefruit juice with reserved zest, avocado oil, preserves and shallot. Purée until smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine chopped grapefruit, avocado, arugula and macadamia nuts; toss with grapefruit vinaigrette. Spoon mixture into endive leaves and serve immediately.
PER SERVING (1/8 of the dip): 92 cal, 8g fat (6g mono, 1g poly, 1g sat), 0mg chol, 1g protein, 5g carb, 2g fiber, 8mg sodium