This recipe is so versatile with many options below and your dreams are the limit.
- 1 and 3/4 cups Almond Flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon Xantham Gum
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 3/4 cup Sweetener of choice
- 2 large eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (120g) sour cream or plain yogurt
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Milk of choice
- Preheat oven to 425°F . Prepare a 12-count muffin pan with nonstick spray or line with cupcake liners. Set aside.
- In a bowl, Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda, Xantham Gum, cinnamon, and salt together. Set aside.
- In a bowl, Cream the butter and Sweetener together. Add the eggs, sour cream, and vanilla extract. Blend until creamy.
- Combine the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and blend until just about combined. Add the milk.
- Spoon batter evenly into each cup or liner, filling each all the way to the top. Bake the muffins for 5 minutes at 425 then, keeping the muffins in the oven, reduce the oven temperature to 350°F. Bake for an additional 15-18 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Test with toothpick should come out clean; total cooking time is about 22 minutes. Cool on wire rack
Possible Add ins:
Chocolate Chips: 1/2 cup Lilly’s
Cinnamon Pecan Muffins – Add in 1/2 Cup Toasted Chopped Pecans
Ginger Peach Muffins – Add in 1 1/4 Cup Peeled and Chopped Peaches, 2 Tablespoons Freshly Grated Ginger
Cinnamon Apple Muffins – 1 cup Peeled, Chopped Apples
Cranberry Muffins – 1 cup Fresh or Frozen Cranberrys
Apple Cranberry Muffins – 1/2 cup chopped Peeled Apples and 1/2 Cup Cranberries.
White Chocolate Raspberry Muffins – 1 Cup Raspberries, 3/4 Cup White Chocolate Chopped or White Chocolate Chips ( I am still trying to located a great sugar free version)