- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup plus 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Choczero Maple Syrup
- 1 garlic clove, grated
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 4 large portobello mushroom caps (5–6 inches in diameter)
- 8 ounces flank steak
- 2 heads romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 4 ounces crumbled blue cheese
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar, 1 /3 cup olive oil, mustard, syrup, garlic, salt and pepper; set aside. Preheat oven broiler to high, and mist a broiler pan with nonstick spray.
- Wipe mushroom caps clean with a damp paper towel, and remove stems and gills. Brush both sides of mushroom caps with remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil and sprinkle with salt; set aside.
- Use a paper towel to pat the surface of the steak dry, and sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper. Place steak on broiler pan and broil steak 3 inches from the heat for 6 minutes. Turn steak over and add mushroom caps to the pan. Broil to desired doneness for the steak, allowing about 7–8 minutes more for medium rare and 8–9 minutes for medium. Remove from oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, divide lettuce, tomatoes and cheese among four plates. Thinly slice mushrooms and flank steak, diagonally across the grain, and divide among plates. Top with reserved dressing.