Chicken tenders may be larger than strips, so slice if needed. If you can’t find Thai coconut curry hummus, buy regular hummus and add dried coconut, curry powder and garlic powder to taste. If you like, you can substitute 1 tablespoon coconut oil and 1½ tablespoons water for the coconut milk. These wraps should be served immediately.
- 1 tablespoon cooking oil, such as avocado oil
- ¾ pound chicken strips or chicken tenders, sliced to equal thinness
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- ⅛ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Sweetener of chice
- ½ cup Hope Thai Coconut Curry Hummus or any Hummus if you can not locate
- 3-4 tablespoons full-fat coconut milk (shake can before measuring)
- Juice of 1 lime
- ¼ cup almond butter, peanut butter or tahini
- 4 Nuco Turmeric Coconut Wraps (or another Low Carb wrap of your choice)
- ½ red bell pepper (cut into matchsticks)
- 2 cups baby spinach
- Handful of fresh Thai basil, basil, mint or cilantro
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add chicken (don’t crowd the pieces) and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook 3–6 minutes per side, until cooked Add sweetener and stir to coat; cook on low heat for another minute. Set aside.
- In a blender, blend hummus, 3 tablespoons coconut milk, lime juice, and nut butter or tahini until smooth. If too thick, add 1 more tablespoon coconut milk. Set aside. (Makes 1½ cups.)
- To assemble, spread 2 tablespoons of hummus sauce along one end of a wrap, leaving a 1½-inch border on either side. Top sauce with one-fourth of the chicken strips and 4–5 bell pepper pieces. Top with ½ cup spinach and a few leaves of fresh herbs of your choice. Fold in side edges of wrap; then roll wrap away from you until contents are fully enclosed.
- Repeat process with remaining ingredients. Slice in half or into rounds, and serve with remaining sauce for dipping.
2 thoughts on “Thai Coconut Chicken Wraps”
Love this flavor combination! Thanks for sharing! I recently made flan and it was fantastic. Here is the recipe if you’d like to give it a try too 🙂
Thank you! it looks Delish..
LikeLiked by 2 people