Spicy and savory, this salad is everything you need to impress dinner guests, plus have a great night’s sleep.
- 12 ounces skin-on salmon fillet (cut into four pieces)
- ¼ teaspoon Himalayan pink salt, divided
- 2 large zucchini (spiralized)
- 1 red onion (very thinly sliced)
- 2 serrano chiles (very thinly sliced)
- 2 cups 1-inch chunks fresh pineapple (Optional)
- 1 avocado (peel and pit removed, cut into cubes)
- ¼ cup avocado oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar or champagne vinegar
- ½ teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Preheat grill to medium-high and brush grill rack with oil. Season salmon with ⅛ teaspoon salt.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine zucchini, onion, chiles, pineapple and avocado. In a jar with a lid, place oil, garlic, vinegar, Dijon and remaining ⅛ teaspoon salt. Close jar, shake until well mixed and drizzle over zucchini mixture; toss gently until coated.
- Place salmon pieces, skin side up, on grill. When salmon releases from the grill (about 4 to 5 minutes), carefully flip salmon and cook until fish flakes easily, about 6 to 10 minutes total. Remove salmon from grill and sprinkle with lemon juice. Divide zucchini salad among four serving plates, and top each with a portion of the salmon