In the morning, take the green beans out of the freezer so they’re thawed when you get home. For added protein, stir in red lentils halfway through cooking time, or fold in cooked chickpeas at the end. Serve with Miracle Noodle or Noodle for Low Carb and maybe alternative Pita From western Bagel
- 1 small head cauliflower, cored
- 1 medium butternut, acorn, or kabocha squash, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- 1 carrots, chopped
- 1 small onion,chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger
- 2 lemongrass bulbs, slightly smashed
- 1-2 tablespoons red curry paste
- 1 tablespoon natural cane sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 14 oz. can coconut milk
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 pound frozen green beans, thawed
- 1 12 oz. package firm tofu, cubed (not silken)
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh basil
- Cut cauliflower into large florets. Combine cauliflower, squash, carrots, onion, ginger, and lemongrass in a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, combine curry paste, sugar, red pepper flakes, and a little coconut milk; stir until creamy, and add to pot. Add remaining coconut milk and broth; stir to mix. Cover and cook on high for 4–5 hours, or low for 6–7 hours, until vegetables are tender.
- During final 20 minutes of cooking, season with salt; add green beans and tofu. Cover and cook until beans and tofu are hot. Just before serving stir in fresh basil. Serve in shallow bowls.