With the Weather changing and that this past week we had a our first rain of the season; I have started to thinking about soups, stews and comfort food.
- 1 small white onion, diced
- 2 shallots, diced
- 2 celery stalks, diced
- 2 carrots, diced
- 1 zucchini, diced
- 1 clove garlic, pressed
- 2 green chard leaves or kale, chopped
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 Cups Vegetable Stock
- ½ cup fresh parsley, minced
- In a large pot, saute the onion, shallots, celery, carrots, zucchini, and garlic in the olive oil.
- Add 6 cups Vegetable Stock, and bring to a boil.
- Cover and simmer approximately 15 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add chard leaves and broccoli florets to pot.
- Return to a boil and simmer, covered, for another 5 minutes.
- Add parsley, cover, and remove from heat.
- Let pot sit for 2 minutes, uncover and serve.