This is a great one-dish meal-perfect for a weeknight! Use leftover chicken if you have it or rotisserie chicken .
- 1 small spaghetti squash (a little over 2 pounds), cut in half lengthwise, seeds and strings removed
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 15-ounce can garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 large or 2 small cooked chicken breasts (about 8 ounces), skin removed, meat shredded or cubed, warmed or at room temperature
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro leaves, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Zante dried currants
Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit. Place squash cut side down on a baking sheet and cook 30 minutes, or until tender when pierced with a fork. When squash is done, use a fork to scrape the spaghetti-like flesh into a large serving bowl.
Combine the cumin, coriander, cayenne, salt and pepper in a small dish. Season squash with half of the spice mixture.
Heat olive oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add garlic, garbanzo beans and chicken. Season with remaining spice mixture. Cook for about 1 minute, stirring constantly. Remove from heat and toss with spaghetti squash. Garnish with cilantro and currants.