Fresh romaine replaces tortillas in these better-for-you beef tacos
- 1 lb. beef / Chicken or Tempeh Purchase Pre-sliced or Slice your own
- 1 tbsp. Taco Seasoning
- 1 cup diced roma tomatoes, or pico de gallo
- 1 avocado, diced
- 8 leaves of washed and trimmed romaine
- 1 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- Dice beef/Chicken or Tempeh strips into small cubes. Place in medium bowl and toss with 1/2 tsp. olive oil and taco seasoning.
- Heat remaining oil in a medium-large sauté pan over high heat. Add beef/Chicken or Tempeh to the pan in a single layer and lower to medium high heat. Allow beef/Chicken or Tempeh to sear for 1-1/2 Minutes. Stir and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes until cooked through.
- Divide lettuce leaves between 2 plates. Top each lettuce leaf with beef, tomatoes and avocados. Serve immediately.