Chia seeds are packed with protein, fiber, antioxidants and calcium. Adding liquid gives the seeds a consistency similar to tapioca. Almond extract and fruit lend this meal a dessert-like flavor, without any added sugar.
- ½ cup chia seeds
- 2 cups unsweetened Almond Milk , Macadamia Milk or Coconut Milk your choice
- ¾ teaspoon almond extract
- ¼ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 Tablespoon of sweetener of choice
- 1 cup sliced, Fruit of choice
- ¼ cup toasted and chopped pecans
- ¼ cup toasted coconut flakes
- In a medium bowl, whisk chia seeds with almond milk, extract, cinnamon and sweetener of choice until incorporated. Cover, and refrigerate overnight or at least 4 hours. Stir well.
- Spoon into bowls, and top with fruit, nuts and coconut. Chia pudding is best fresh but can be refrigerated for up to 3–4 days.