- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus more for serving
- 2 chipotle chilies in adobo
- 1 clove garlic, grated
- 1 tablespoon Sweetener of choice
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1. Combine the chickpeas, pumpkin and olive oil in a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Finely chop the chipotle chilies and add to a bowl. Mix the chilies with the garlic, sweetener of choice, cinnamon, cayenne, cumin, oregano, chili powder, and salt and pepper. Stir half chipotle mix into the hummus, and add the remaining to the top of the hummus. Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle with pepitas seeds before serving.
- Serve with chips, naan or other foods for dipping.