You can never get to creative when making a Fritatta. Use any vegetable you have in your fridge. Just add to the cooked onions and then cook until tender; Chopped Spinach and Zucchini work well too. And don’t forget that you can throw in some fresh Chopped herbs inside or as a topper too.
1 Large Onion
2 Tbsp Olive Oil
1 tsp Kosher salt
8 Large Eggs
1/4 C. grated Parmesan Cheese, plus more for sprinkling
1/4 tsp freshly ground black pepper
1 C frozen or Fresh Peas; Thawed
- Heat the Oven ( with the oven rack in the middle) to 350 degrees
- Thinly slice the onions into half moons.
- Place your medium oven proof skillet on the stove and turn the heat to medium. Measure and pour in the oil and heat until it shimmers (1 to 2 minutes), Add the onion and 1/2 tsp of the salt and cook, turning often, until light golden brown and tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and spread the onion evenly over the bottom of the skillet.
- while the onion cooks, crack the eggs into a medium bowl. Using a whisk or a fork, beat together until they are even yellow. Mix in the Parmesan, pepper and the remaining salt.
- To thaw the peas, place them in a strainer and pass under warm water, about 1 minute.
- Pour the egg mixture over the onion and scatter the peas over the eggs. Sprinkle a small handful of Extra Parmesan over the top and transfer the skillet to the oven. Bake until the middle i just set, 15 to 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool/set for 10 minutes and Optional topped with some Chopped Italian or Regular Parsley or Chopped chives.