Be warned: When you serve this salad, everyone will be asking you for the recipe. It hits all the right spots—salty, sweet, crunchy, cheesy and fresh! Prep tip: Use bumpy, dark green dinosaur lacinato kale, which tends to be less bitter and tough than curly-leafed kale.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon unfiltered honey
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small red pepper (seeded and cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 large bunch kale (washed, stems removed, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, curry powder, cumin, and honey. Mix well. Add almonds and toss to coat. Spread almonds in a single layer on one-third of a baking sheet. Place olives on the middle one-third and red peppers on the remaining one-third. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place kale in a medium salad bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and massage with hands to coat leaves. Add feta cheese, roasted peppers, roasted almonds, and roasted olives; toss and serve.
PER SERVING: 168 cal, 70% fat cal, 14g fat, 2g sat fat, 6mg chol, 5g protein, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 185mg sodium