Be warned: When you serve this salad, everyone will be asking you for the recipe. It hits all the right spots—salty, sweet, crunchy, cheesy and fresh! Prep tip: Use bumpy, dark green dinosaur lacinato kale, which tends to be less bitter and tough than curly-leafed kale.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon unfiltered honey
- 1/2 cup raw almonds
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives
- 1 small red pepper (seeded and cut into thin strips)
- 1/2 large bunch kale (washed, stems removed, and chopped)
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. In a medium bowl, combine 1 tablespoon olive oil, curry powder, cumin, and honey. Mix well. Add almonds and toss to coat. Spread almonds in a single layer on one-third of a baking sheet. Place olives on the middle one-third and red peppers on the remaining one-third. Roast for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool.
- Place kale in a medium salad bowl and drizzle with remaining olive oil; sprinkle with salt and pepper, and massage with hands to coat leaves. Add feta cheese, roasted peppers, roasted almonds, and roasted olives; toss and serve.
PER SERVING: 168 cal, 70% fat cal, 14g fat, 2g sat fat, 6mg chol, 5g protein, 9g carb, 3g fiber, 185mg sodium
2 thoughts on “Chopped Kale Salad with Spiced Almonds and Red Pepper (Gluten Free, Vegetarian)”
This salad looks absolutely delicious and right up my alley! I’m definitely pinning this to make it later! Thanks for sharing! 🙂