lemon, zest and juice
Sweetener of choice
heavy whipping cream
- Wash the lemon . Finely grate/zest the outer peel . Juice the lemon and set aside.
- Separate eggs. Beat egg whites until stiff. In another bowl, whisk egg yolks and sweetener until light and fluffy. Add lemon juice and a few drops of yellow food coloring (optional). Carefully fold egg whites into yolk mixture.
- Whip cream in a large bowl until soft peaks form. Fold egg mixture into cream.
- If you have an ice cream maker then Pour into ice cream maker and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- If you don’t have an ice cream maker, don’t worry; you can place the bowl in the freezer and give it a stir every half hour until it reaches the desired consistency. This can take up to 2 hours.
- let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving. for easy scooping.