The Lemon just makes the salad Pop with flavor
1 large fennel bulb, fronds intact
2 stalks celery, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 cucumber, ( Small or 1/2 English or 2 pickling Cukes) sliced into rounds
¼ cup diced red onion
Juice of 1 lemon
4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
Salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
2 tablespoons pomegranate seed
Optional 1/2 – 3/4 Crumbled Feta Cheese ( sheep or Goats milk preferably)
Optional – 1/8 cup diced Lemon
1. Cut the fennel bulb into quarters, then lengthwise into ½-inch-thick slices. Snip 2 tablespoons of the fronds, and set aside.
2. Toss the fennel, 1 tablespoons of the fronds, the celery, the cucumber and the onion together in a medium-sized salad bowl.
3. Squeeze the lemon over the vegetables, and drizzle on the olive oil.
4. Season with salt and pepper to taste, and toss to coat.
5. Add in options if desired
6. Serve, sprinkled with the remaining tablespoon of fennel fronts and the pomegranate seeds.